HEARING LOSS INFORMATION
Signs of hearing loss
The signs of hearing loss can be subtle and emerge slowly, or early signs of hearing loss can be significant and come about suddenly. Either way, there are common indications and hearing impaired signs. You should suspect hearing loss if you experience any of the signs below.
- People around you seem to mumble
- You often ask others to repeat themselves
- Difficulty following conversations when in background noise or when in groups
- Children and women's voices are difficult to hear
- Need to turn up TV or radio louder
- Cannot hear high pitched sounds such as birds, crickets and bells
- Did you ever work in a noise environment or being exposed to a loud sound(s) for a long period of time?
Feel stressed out from straining to hear what others are saying.
- have a family history of hearing loss.
- take medications that can harm the hearing system (ototoxic drugs).
- have diabetes, heart, circulation or thyroid problems.
- have been exposed to very loud sounds over a long period or single exposure to explosive noise.
Contact Clear Ear Hearing Aid Center at (219) 934-9747 for an appointment.